Friday, April 8, 2011

Flat Stanley

So last week my Step Sister asked me if I would be willing to help my nephew Jack with his Geography project for Kindergarten. I said sure! I had never heard of the project. It is called Flat Stanley. You send him to your furthest relative & you take him around to different places to see in your city. So yesterday the kids and I went out & took him to the Police Station, Fire Department, Post office, Cattle Call Rodeo Arena, E's School & B's Awana's. We had a blast doing this & I hope someday my kids do it so there cousins can experience it. It's a fun project. When we send Flat Stanley back to Jack they will look on a map & see these photos we took & look them up on a map of our City. What a great idea Flat Stanley is!!







2 comments:

Crystal said...

Love it! Did you know Flat Stanley went on the trip back with your mom and Jolene too? My friend brought him to work years ago when I was working...so fun for the kids...but I think my friend had more fun with it taking pics everywhere!! David had never heard of him either. Unfortunately I don't think all schools do it. He's from a series of books!

Katie said...

Yep C it was hilarious I told my Mom & she said Jolene was doing it, & took them all over, so I guess my places to visit were kinda boring compared to her's haha!